Friday, June 11, 2010

Another week down

Just under 9km this week, that is about normal.  Just over 3km on Tuesday and then I ran a 5k on Thursday - new PB, finally cracked the 35 minute mark.   Average pace 6'53"/km.

Not sure what the weekend has in store for me yet.  Possibly have to work for a few minutes early tomorrow, checking servers, but it's one of those pain in the behind tasks that I'm not sure when it will be and how long it will take.  Argh.  At least I shouldn't have to go in to the office anyway.

The weather looks like it will be pretty rubbish - and I doubt I'll be braving squally thundery showers.




The first Manawatu Striders winter series run is on Sunday morning.  I was thinking of running it, but now some friends are keen on walking it the 5k so I'll probably go along with them and walk it instead.  Still not sold on the 'race' thing.  But we're not keen on walking in the rain, so I doubt any of us will get out of bed early Sunday morning if it is raining.

The first couple of weeks of winter have been a rude awakening - we'd had such a mild autumn that the cold wind, rain and low temperatures are making us all head inside and eat high calorie food.

The nike sportband has been working pretty well - it's not as good at tracking as a garmin with GPS would be, but I use my phone GPS at the same time and it is accurate enough.  I like the website, the goals and challenges.  The c25k June challenge is going pretty well for my team...team Ninja in front at the moment :)    And my run graph is looking pretty good - it's nice to see the slow upping of the mileage as time goes along.  You can see the 10km run last Saturday standing out from the rest...

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on cracking the 35 minutes!! That was a target of mine for a good long while.

    ReplyDelete