Friday, July 23, 2010

Getting the motivation back

My days off work have been great.  I think I needed a break away from work, and just some relaxation.  Not that I had any sleep in's, I was up again this morning before 6.30am and went out for a short jog.

I'm feeling a lot better about things - I think I'll still have to fight my way through the next few weeks of winter though.  My hip is a bit sore this evening, and I've noticed niggling pain during my runs.  I am pretty sure it is related to my unexpected slide across the back deck a couple of weeks ago (ended up with me doing the splits and hitting the deck hard).  I forget that if there is a heavy frost the deck freezes over.

So I'll just get out there and run as long as I feel I can - maybe I'll work out some interval running or something.  I'm looking forward to getting outside and running tomorrow morning...if it's not pouring with rain.

I need to just decide that if the weather doesn't let me get outside I have to get on the exercise bike instead - not just stay in bed.  I'm looking into hiring a decent treadmill for a few weeks too.

No comments:

Post a Comment